Truth in Journalism:
Truth about Charlottesville, Alt-right, and Antifa Violence
At a press conference a day earlier Trump made reference to a “beautiful statement” Heyer’s mother, Susan Bro, had sent him. Bro had written, “Thank you, President Trump, for those words of comfort and for denouncing those who promote violence and hatred.”
Following the violence in Charlottesville, Trump condemned what he described as the “egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence” saying it has no place in America. He specifically condemned the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, but has also said that the alt-left was in part to blame for the violence.
At the memorial service, Hayer’s mother said she hoped that people can talk about their differences instead of resorting to violence.
“The truth is, we are going to have our differences. We are going to be angry with each other, but let’s channel that anger, not into hate, not into violence. Not into fear, but channel that difference, that anger, into righteous action,” she said.
7 Things You Need To Know About Antifa
August 14, 2017
Over the weekend, Charlottesville erupted into chaos. White supremacists and neo-Nazis brawled with masked left-wing Antifa rioters in what could only be described as a battle between Satan and Lucifer.
While the mainstream Left has attempted to frame this weekend’s insanity as a one-sided issue, video evidence clearly demonstrates that members of Antifa, or anti-fascists, heavily contributed to the violence.
Here are seven things you need to know about Antifa:
- Antifa uses fascist tactics to achieve its goals. Antifa is to anti-fascism what Stalin was to freedom. Antifa is fascism personified. Despite calling themselves “anti-fascist,” members of Antifa routinely deploy fascist tactics to shut down, intimidate, harass, and bloody their political opponents.
- The Department of Homeland Security labeled Antifa’s actions as “domestic terrorism.” “Shortly after Trump’s election, anarchist and far-left protesters rioted in Portland, bringing at least a million dollars’ worth of damage — and resulting, in the eyes of the Department of Homeland Security, in ‘domestic terrorism,’” explains Politico.
- Antifa uses “black bloc” attacks to promote violence, sow chaos, and evade law enforcement. Like their counterparts in Europe, American leftist activists often promote violence and reap chaos through time-tested tactics such as black bloc assaults, which feature thousands of black-clad and masked self-professed anarchists destroying everything in sight with hockey sticks, baseball bats, metal poles, trash cans, and virtually anything they can get their hands on.
- Antifa’s garbled ideology is grounded in Marxism. All Antifa members seem to share an aversion to capitalism. Beyond that, Antifa’s political aim cannot be pinned down to one issue or cause.
- The mainstream Left is praising Antifa. Paranoid and conspiracy minded, the mainstream Left has abandoned all sense of political decorum to embrace vigilantism. And even liberals who aren’t explicitly praising Antifa are refusing to condemn their behavior.
- The vast majority of Antifa members are pitiable losers. As The Daily Wire’s Aaron Bandler reported, While Antifa claims to support “diversity,” the group’s rank-and-file is comprised mostly of single, unemployed young white males (far-left Antifa meet “alt-right” neo-Nazis and white supremacists). 7. Antifa conflates speech with violence, believing that “offensive” rhetoric, “hate” speech, and micro-aggressions should be counteracted with macro-aggressions, or physical violence.
Truth About Neo-Nazis or ‘Alt-Right’
Not enough Neo-Nazis and KKK to elect Anybody—They have No Power
And here’s the real irony. This bunch of people down in Charlottesville, this ragtag bunch of Nazis and Klan members and white supremacists? There’s not enough of those people to affect any kind of change whatsoever. Not systemic change. Not enough of those people to elect enough people to matter. There aren’t enough of those people to matter, period.
They are not the problem. They don’t have power in America today. They don’t have any, compared to the people opposing them. How many people show up at a Klan rally these days if they have one? The media doesn’t show you because it’s so tiny. The media wants you to think the Klan elected Donald Trump. The media wants you to think the Klan, the Nazis, and the white supremacists elected Donald Trump and that Steve Bannon put ’em all together and grew them. There aren’t enough of those people to elect a member of Congress, much less a president.
They are not the problem. The problem is on the other side. The problem comes from people who do have power — and what power they have! They have the power to shut down free speech on campus. They have the power to totally corrupt the movie, the book, the music and TV industries. They have real power! The anarchists, the anti-Americans, the Antifa, the Occupy Wall Street, the Black Lives Matter, the United States mainstream media, the Democrat Party, they have power.
These little hapless people marching around wearing white hoods couldn’t stop diddly-squat. They don’t have any power. They’ve been shamed into practically nonexistence. Yet they are hoisted up. They are portrayed as the people running this country — or the people who used to run this country and they ran it for all these years, and now they are losing it, justifiably, and they are panicked and causing trouble. They don’t have any power compared to the people that I’m talking about. You think the Klan can compare to the mainstream media?
You think the Nazis, however many of them there are — or few — can compare to the media and academia and Hollywood? It’s a joke! The same thing with the Nazis and the same thing with the white supremacists. But when you talk Black Lives Matter, when you talk Occupy Wall Street or any of these other left-wing groups that end up rioting and protesting, they are the military wing of the people with power in this country. These people run the Washington establishment. You don’t find in you Klansmen there, and you don’t find any Nazis there, because there aren’t enough of those people to matter a hill of beans.
Neo-Nazis have no Power on the Internet, But Facebook Has Power to Shut Down Free Speech
Do you say, “Well, Rush, I gotta side with ’em. I don’t think the storm troopers ought to have a website, and I don’t think the supremacists ought to…” Okay, fine. Remember, they don’t have any power to do diddly-squat. All they can do is offend you and make you mad. They don’t have any power to do anything.
But do you think that three people — Zuckerberg and whoever the other two are that run PayPal and Facebook, Twitter, whatever. Do you think they ought to be able to wake up one day and just decide? But they’re doing it — under the guise, by the way, of cleansing and pursuing and sanctifying.
That’s not what they’re doing. They are limiting speech.