Welcome to Epicworld Dinner Topics!
“ALL HAPPENINGS GREAT AND SMALL ARE PARABLES WHEREBY GOD SPEAKS. THE ART OF LIFE IS TO GET THE MESSAGE.” In this age of lies and noisy chaos, how blessed we are if we can hear God speak to us! But it is not easy.
“We live in a time when even the wisest will be hard-pressed to distinguish truth from clever deception.” We all know what we are up against:
- Elected government officials involved in corruption and treason, and lying to cover it up
- Corrupt judicial system, excusing lawlessness, releasing criminals, and blaming victims and police for the chaos
- Students so morally bankrupt that, by a 2-1 ratio, they believe it is immoral not to recycle, but pornography is okay
- Students so brainwashed that they believe in the false utopia of socialism and hate free enterprise
- Junk scientists perpetrating massive hoaxes, and being paid generously by unwilling taxpayers for their lies
- Young people, even children, so steeped in the false world of electronic games, and so past feeling, that they have morphed into self-centered, sadistic zombies
- The rising generation—vacuous and utterly severed from their rich Judeo-Christian heritage of liberty
What is to be done? What is missing? The answer is—to restore a Moral Compass
Whether you know it or not, we hold the future of America in our hands. Yes, you and me—Parents and Grandparents. Only we can teach the rising generation the keys to our very survival as a civilized nation—the greatest nation ever to exist—God’s covenant nation. We cannot leave it to the schools, or to society, or to the government.
God has spoken to His covenant people, and given us the answer.
WHAT IS THE MESSAGE?
“I will give unto you a pattern in all things, that ye may not be deceived;” He says, “for Satan is abroad in the land, and he goeth forth deceiving the nations—”
And who exemplifies that pattern? “He that prays, whose spirit is contrite . . . if he obeys” my covenants and commandments.
How can that help? What kind of pattern is that?
The only way to have a moral compass is to be able to hear the still, small voice of the Holy Spirit, and pay attention to our conscience. So, what kind of person can know the guidance of the Holy Spirit? Only a person who is humble (contrite) enough to obey His commandments, and who prays to Heavenly Father, listens to His answers, then obeys.
By obeying God’s commandments, we build our lives and character on a firm foundation of moral absolutes. But we all make mistakes. Therefore, it is essential to make needed course corrections whenever necessary. This is called repentance. Repentance keeps us humble, so we can be protected by God’s guiding pattern in these dark and perilous times.
Through the ages, the message has been the same. It is really the repeated lesson of Life’s parables, and we are never too old or too young to apply this lesson. You and I were corrected in our youth, and we turned out okay. 🙂 Why should our children get offended if we remind them to repent from time to time?
It is so obvious that the great good and the terrible evil in the world today are the sweet and the bitter fruits of the rearing of yesterday’s children. As we train a new generation, so will the world be in a few years. If you are worried about the future, then look to the upbringing of your children. (Gordon B. Hinckley)
We may be bucking a strong tide, but we must teach our children that sin is sin. (Spencer W. Kimball)
Only the truth will keep us free, if we teach it to our children.
Restoring America’s covenant with God,
You are always welcome to share my posts! Please just link back to Epicworld Dinner Topics
 Malcolm Muggeridge
 Henry B. Eyring
 Doctrine and Covenants 52:14