You’ve been asking for a Donate Button—
See the Donate button in the right hand side-bar
How to Follow by Email:
We get many requests about how to follow this blog by email. Please note the “Follow” button in the upper right hand corner of this blog.
1. Simply click the “Follow” button and enter your email in the space provided.
2. Respond to the confirmation email that you will receive from WordPress. You will then be notified of every post. That was easy!
3. If you prefer, you can Follow me on Twitter @Epicstoryteller
Some of you have criticized other readers’ comments as “brain dead.” Often the verbal syntax is strange because a comment has been translated from another language. I don’t have time to do grammar checks on all the comments. When you have an absolutely BRILLIANT comment, I will be sure to give it a STAR. Till then, please be kind.
PLEASE! Do not comment on images; Comments posted on image pages will not be displayed.
About our Newsletter and Blog
(NOTE: The Newsletter is free and digital. There is no paper copy of the newsletter. )
How to get the Newsletter. I continue to get requests for the newsletter. You can get the monthly newsletter and post notifications. There is a button on the upper right-hand corner of my blog that says “Follow.” Simply enter your email there and you can receive the monthly newsletter and email notifications every time a topic is posted.
Your comments are always welcome, and thank you for your kind words. Please keep a few things in mind when posting comments.
- Please. Do not click on images to comment. Leave comments only in the box on the corresponding post. If you click on an image to leave a comment, your comment will not be displayed.
- Inappropriate content. If you have any inappropriate words or phrases in your comments, email address, or website, your comment will automatically go to spam and will not be approved.
- Please avoid off-topic questions and keep your comments relevant. Technical questions will not be answered, because it is subjective to your unique technical circumstances.
- Your comment is more likely to be published if it is original, shows your own thoughts about what you have read, and is not a duplicate of what someone else has written. “Canned” duplicates are not published.
Unwanted emails. Did you sign up to receive followups to comments? Some say they receive too many emails saying the same thing. I do not recommend signing up for this, because many people use “canned” comments, i.e., they just paste in comments that others have written. I try to filter out duplicates like that. You should have a link in your email that allows you to unsubscribe. That is the only way I know how to fix that. Hope that helps.
Follow Me! Many of you ask how to get the newsletter and post notifications. There is a button on the upper right-hand corner of my blog that says “Follow.” Simply enter your email there and you can receive the monthly newsletter and email notifications every time a topic is posted. You can follow me on Facebook on my Epicworld Dinner Topics page, and on Twitter at Epicstoryteller. But the best way is to use the follow button on this blog.
How to get your own blog posts placed on multiple social networks. I recommend OnlyWire. It takes a little work and setting up, but for little or no cost, you can get your posts syndicated to numerous social sites.
How to get on page one of Google? or Yahoo News? That is not easy. That takes some keyword research. I now use a free service called “Keyword Discovery”. Enter phrases related to your post in their search bar. Words or phrases with a score of about 700—1500 are best. You don’t want a score that is too high (such words are too general), or you will get lost in the millions of hits. Otherwise, branding yourself helps a lot, too. For example, my main keyword is dinner topics. If you have your key word in your URL, you have a pretty good chance. My site is branded with “Epicworld” as well. Also, if your default browser is Yahoo, that probably helps.
Permission to Share. Some of my posts are my own articles; most of the posts consist of other news items or bios from Wikipedia. I always attribute to other writers. You may share any of my posts, as long as you link back to my site, and include attribution to all authors involved. Sorry, not doing link exchanges or hosting guest posts right now. I’m commencing a huge educational project, and don’t have the time.