Ben Stein Quotes on Faith in God vs. Atheistic Influence
Comments by Ben Stein
A little sanity please…
Only hope we find GOD again before it is too late ! !
The following was written by Ben Stein and recited by him on CBS Sunday Morning Commentary.
I don’t like getting pushed around for being a Jew, and I don’t think Christians like getting pushed around for being Christians. I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of getting pushed around, period. I have no idea where the concept came from, that America is an explicitly atheist country. I can’t find it in the Constitution and I don’t like it being shoved down my throat…
Or maybe I can put it another way: where did the idea come from that we should worship celebrities and we aren’t allowed to worship God as we understand Him? I guess that’s a sign that I’m getting old, too. But there are a lot of us who are wondering where these celebrities came from and where the America we knew went to.
In light of the many jokes we send to one another for a laugh, this is a little different: This is not intended to be a joke; it’s not funny, it’s intended to get you thinking.
This is where it began. . .
In light of recent events… terrorists attack, school shootings, etc.. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O’Hare (she was murdered, her body found a few years ago) complained she didn’t want prayer in our schools, and we said OK.
Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school… The Bible says thou shalt notj kill; thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.
Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn’t spank our children when they misbehave, because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock’s son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he’s talking about.. And we said okay..
Moral Compass Missing
Now we’re asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don’t know right from wrong, and why it doesn’t bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.
Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with ‘WE REAP WHAT WE SOW.’
- Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world’s going to hell.
- Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.
- Funny how you can send ‘jokes’ through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.
- Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.
Are you laughing yet?
- Funny how when you forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you’re not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it.
- Funny how we can be more worried about what other people think of us than what God thinks of us.
Share this if you think it has merit.
If not, then just discard it… no one will know you did But, if you discard this thought process, don’t sit back and complain about what bad shape the world is in.
My Best Regards, Honestly and respectfully,
Action Plan—START HERE
- Look to God and Live. Return to the Reliable Source of truth and peace. START HERE
- Impart moral absolutes of biblical values to the rising generation. See how easy it is HERE
- Prepare and Prevent. Start now to Inoculate your Children against Socialism and Atheism HERE
- Why Mentoring Young Adults, Imparting Biblical Family Values is Vital to their Future
- Updates and Resources. Mentoring resources, faith-building tips and more, sign up Here