Equality Act explained:
Left-Wing Totalitarianism Wrecking ball vs Religious Freedom
This week we honor the many men and women who have given life and limb to preserve our liberty and way of life. Meanwhile, here at home, we have those who seek to destroy our liberty from within.
The Democrats have passed a law in the House, wrongly called the “Equality” Act. In truth it is a wrecking ball for religious liberty. Their definition of equality is to tolerate everything except biblical values.
“If we continue to teach about tolerance and intolerance instead of good and evil, we will end up with tolerance of evil.”~Dennis Prager
In a nutshell, this is what the law will mean.
The Equality Act would expand the definition of the word sex in the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to include “gender identity” and “sexual orientation” as legally protected classes. The result will unleash radical liberals to attack those whose faith teaches that marriage is only between one man and one woman and that sexual identity of male and female is a fixed, biological fact.
By government edict, business owners, employees, and customers alike will be subject to a radical LGBT agenda:
- Female business owners, customers, and employees would then be forced to share their privacy in restrooms and dressing rooms with men who claim to be women.
- Health care providers and professionals would be forced to perform gender transition procedures (sex changes) and provide medical services (hormone therapy) that would violate their moral and religious convictions.
- Amusement parks, recreation centers, skating rinks, and daycare centers, etc. will be forced to employ people whose values on sexuality deviates from those of the employer.
- Adoption and foster care agencies will be forced to place children into same sex households and into homes of individuals suffering from gender confusion.
- College and professional sports stadiums would be required to open its restrooms to either sex.
The Democratic Party has clearly laid out their intent to force Christians into subjugation to radical sexual deviancy. The Party’s platform states, “We support a progressive vision of religious freedom that respects pluralism and rejects the misuse of religion to discriminate.”
The “progressive vision” of religious liberty for Democrats was recently made visible by Chai Feldblum, the former commissioner of Obama administration’s Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Feldblum clearly staked out the “progressive vision” of the Democratic Party when she said:
“I’m having a hard time coming up with any case in which religious liberty should win… Sexual liberty should win in most cases. There can be a conflict between religious liberty and sexual liberty, but in almost all cases the sexual liberty should win because that’s the only way that the dignity of gay people can be affirmed in any realistic manner.” (Emphasis added.)
Don’t be fooled by the name of the proposed legislation.